På iaf.se använder vi kakor (cookies) för att webbplatsen ska fungera på ett bra sätt för dig. Genom att surfa vidare godkänner du att vi använder kakor. Vad är kakor?

IAF Inspektionen för arbetslöshetsförsäkringen

Information about certificates related to unemployment

Certificate U2 – Exporting unemployment benefits to another EU/EEA country or Switzerland to look for work

Unemployed persons can under certain circumstances travel to another EU/EEA country or Switzerland in order to look for work there with retained unemployment benefits for three months.

IAF is the competent institution for issuing certificate U2 to persons who are entitled to export their Swedish unemployment benefits in order to look for a job in another EU/EEA country or Switzerland.

How to apply

More information on the conditions and how to apply is available on IAF’s website here.
If you need guidance please call +46 150 48 70 00 between 10 and 11 am Monday to Friday.

If anyone wants to export his or her unemployment benefits in order to look for work in Sweden with retained benefits, he or she should contact the competent institution or the employment service in the country where the person lives. Upon arrival in Sweden the person should register as unemployed with the Swedish Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen).

Certificate U1 – Aggregation of periods of insurance, employment and self-employment

Periods of insurance, employment and self-employment completed under the legislation of an EU/EEA state or Switzerland can under certain circumstances be taken into account for the entitlement to unemployment benefits in another Member State where a person has become unemployed. Periods of insurance and employment or self-employment that have been completed in another country are confirmed on certificate U1 or a relevant SED.

Applying for unemployment benefits in another Member State

In Sweden the unemployment insurance funds are competent institutions for issuing certificate U1. If you need certificate U1 from Sweden you should therefore contact the unemployment insurance fund (arbetslöshetskassa) of which the claimant has either been a member of or affiliated to in Sweden. If the claimant has not been a member of a Swedish unemployment insurance fund, contact Arbetslöshetskassan Alfa to issue certificate U1.

Contact details for all Swedish unemployment insurance funds are available here.

Applying for benefits in Sweden

When certificate U1 or a SED is needed in order to apply for unemployment benefits in Sweden, the unemployment insurance fund can request the certificate or SED from the relevant competent institution in other Member States.