IAF Inspektionen för arbetslöshetsförsäkringen

Certificate U2 - Certificate for applying for work in the EU/EEA

If you are unemployed, you can take your Swedish unemployment benefit with you to look for work in another EU/EEA country, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or Northern Ireland. To do this, you need a Certificate U2 from IAF. With the support of this certificate, your Swedish unemployment insurance fund pays unemployment benefit for three months when you are looking for work in any of these countries.

Flagpoles with flags from EU-countries

Flagpoles with EU-flags

Do you wish to apply for Certificate U2?


This is how it works

To obtain a certificate, it is a requirement that 

  • you are entitled to unemployment benefit,
  • you have been completely unemployed and registered at the Swedish Public Employment Service for at least four weeks before your departure,
  • you have applied for a Certificate U2 before your date of departure.